Finally a couple progress pictures. We’ve been working tirelessly through the last two months. And in all truth, we’re moving much faster than any of us had expected…. now that we have a building permit. In the time that’s passed, we’ve managed to frame the whole house save the wraparound porch with the plan to close up the house rapidly approaching.
Below is a quick look at some of that work.
The main floor of the house was and will continue to be ‘family space’, but as you can see from the before photos, we’re taking it from what used to be chopped up rooms to an open flowing floor plan. So without further ado, a bit of before and after of the first floor.
So we started with this (from the front of the house to the back):
Which then turned into this from the back of the house to front:
We got a bit more demo crazy and then turned the mess in above picture into this (we’re actually saving those hardwood floors in the back, believe it or not) (from back of the house to front):
But after all of that, we’re now looking like this (from front to back):
That’s all for now, we’re working on pictures of the outside and upstairs. Expect those to go up once we get this property a cover crop!